I don’t really like fruit. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, and I have to force myself to eat them sometimes. This fruit salad, however, I actually find myself craving as soon as winter rolls around. I am lucky enough to live in a part of the world where these ingredients are bountiful. I hope you’ll be able to get your hands on them as well…
The best persimmons for this salad are the firm ones with the squarish shape, which I believe are sold as fugu persimmons in the US. There is some good persimmon information available here.
Perfect 4P Fruit Salad with Pomelo, Persimmon, Pomegranate, and PearCourse: DessertCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
This fruit salad is a regular on our table when these ingredients are in season. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do!
1 large pomelo
1 small or 1/2 large pomegranate
1 large, firm, ripe fuyu persimmon
1 large, firm, ripe pear
1 handful fresh mint leaves
About 1 tsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Peel pomelo, remove flesh from skin, and break into bite-sized pieces
- Cut pomegranate in half, and gently remove seeds, being careful not to smash them, and not to stain your clothes…
- Cut persimmon into smallish bite-sized pieces
- Cut pear into smallish bite-sized pieces
- Remove mint leaves from stems and chop
- Toss all ingredients gently in a bowl, dust with cinnamon, and mix again gently